Workplace Injury Attorney Helping Employees in Bergen County
Although we are all aware that some people’s jobs put them at high risk of injury (police, firefighters, construction workers, miners, tightrope walkers), the reality is that anyone can get hurt at the workplace. Whether you are a teacher, electrician, office worker, farmer, doctor or salesperson, you may have the misfortune to suffer a serious injury in the workplace. Such an injury may require extensive medical treatment and/or result in long-term incapacity. The good news is that you are entitled to Workers’ Compensation to cover your ongoing medical expenses, any property damage (a broken watch or iPhone, for example) and two-thirds of your lost income.
You may, depending on the particular circumstances, instead of filing for Workers’ Compensation be able to file a third party claim against the property owner, a construction contractor or a maintenance company — if the negligence of any of these third parties is the underlying reason for your workplace injury. In either case, Levin & Malkin, an outstanding personal injury law firm in Hackensack, is ready to provide you with powerful assistance.
Whatever the specifics of your case, if you have endured a serious injury while in a work-related location — including while driving as part of your work duties or while attending a company picnic — you are entitled to compensation. In order to ensure that you receive the funds you need to cover your medical costs and a portion of your income large enough to sustain you and your loved ones during your recovery, it is essential that you consult with our experienced, highly skilled personal injury attorneys. If necessary we will come to you (at your home or in the hospital) for a free consultation in order to assess whether you have a viable case. If so, we will work hard to make certain that you get every bit of compensation you deserve.
Levin & Malkin Will Take Care of Everything
There are many advantages to consulting with our practice. For one thing, we have a well-earned reputation for compassion as well as competence. For another, we have an impressive track record of winning millions of dollars for our clients over decades of dedicated legal representation. We also work extremely well as a team, offering both agile negotiation and aggressive litigation as needed. Located in Hackensack, we serve clients throughout Bergen, Hudson, and Passaic Counties.
At Levin & Malkin we pride ourselves on communicating well with those who trust us, always ready to clarify legal concepts. We are responsive and efficient, well-prepared to handle your case from the initial filing for Workers’ Compensation benefits through any complications, or, alternatively, to file a third party claim if we think it will be successful. Our goal is to take over all the logistical work so that you can rest and recover from your trauma. Also, always remember that Levin & Malkin never charges you any up-front legal fees. In Workers’ Compensation cases, the Court typically requires the insurance company to pay a large part of any awarded legal fees. If our attorneys file a claim against a third party, we will not charge you any legal fees until we win your case.
Types of Workplace Injuries
Unfortunately, a wide range of serious injuries can occur in the workplace, ranging from fractures and carpal tunnel syndrome to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and neuromuscular damage. Following are 10 of the most common types of workplace injuries.
- Overexertion Injuries result from pulling, lifting, pushing, carrying, and throwing. Clearly, such work activities can result in, among other things, harm to ligaments, tendons, muscles, vertebrae, and even the heart.
- Slip and Falls usually occur due to wet or otherwise slippery floors, or trips over misplaced objects. Slip and falls account for one-third of all workplace injuries in the workplace. Affected employees often suffer cuts and bruises, sprains and broken bones, or even serious head injuries.
- Falls from Heights, such as falls from ladders, rafters or roofs, are most common at construction sites, but can also happen to firefighters, painters, and people in other occupations. At times, such falls result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities.
- Reaction Injuries are so named because they result from sudden, tensed motions, such as those involved in tripping and catching oneself before falling. Such awkward, intense motions can cause severe muscle strain in the neck or back, pulled or torn ligaments or tendons, or nerve damage that restricts movement.
- Falling Object Injuries, when objects are dropped or fall from above onto unsuspecting victims, can cause serious skull and/or brain injuries.
- Collisions with Objects, in which an individual accidentally hits or is hit by a door, window, desk, table or cabinet, commonly cause head, neck, knee, shin or foot injuries.
- Vehicular Accidents frequently injure workers whose job includes driving, e.g. truck drivers, salespeople, delivery persons.
- Machine Entanglements can result in gruesome injuries that sever body parts. Such accidents typically occur when workers use heavy equipment or machinery on construction sites, farms, in butchering plants or when working with heavy landscaping or sanitation equipment.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries may seem minor compared to some of the other types of workplace injuries, but they can put workers out of commission for long periods of time or even permanently. It is extremely common, for example, for those who work at computers daily to develop carpal tunnel syndrome, back and problems, or visual difficulties.
- Physical Attacks in offices, healthcare facilities, banks, at schools, at stores, at the movies, and even in religious structures have become increasingly common. Motives for such attacks may be retaliation for perceived injustice on the part of ex-employees, part of an organized terrorist plot, or simply the action of a deranged individual. Whatever motivates such explosive attacks, they usually cause catastrophic injuries (e.g. gunshot wounds, severe burns and/or fatalities.
It should be noted that workplace injuries also occur due to contamination (biological, physical, or chemical) that causes illness or injury. Such contamination may occur not only at medical facilities or chemical plants, but in offices, schools or factories plagued by asbestos, MRSA, or black mold.
Contact Our Hackensack Workplace Injury Lawyer
Remember, the sooner you meet with our talented workplace injury attorneys, the sooner we can move you toward your goal of receiving the substantial compensation you deserve. Call us or contact us through our website. We are here to protect your rights and your future.