In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry must spend a night in the hospital wing regrowing all the bones in his arm. In order to properly heal, he must drink a vile-tasking potion called Skele-Gro. Throughout the rest of the series, various characters’ broken bones are quickly healed when they take a sip of the potion.
It is too bad we don’t have such a simple and effective method of healing broken bones in the real world. Instead, we must rely on skilled doctors and the body’s ability to mend itself over time. Most broken bones can be healed in this manner, but some breaks are so serious the injured party will never be the same.
When do I need an attorney for a broken bone injury?
When a broken bone is life-altering or requires an extraordinary amount of medical care, it is a good idea to seek the counsel of an experienced personal injury attorney like those we have on our team at Levin & Malkin. You may be able to seek compensation for your injury if you were harmed due to the reckless or negligent actions of another.
We often work with people in the Hackensack area who have suffered a fracture and are struggling to recover. Our experienced automobile accident attorneys at Levin & Malkin have helped the victims of car, truck, motorcycle, and Uber/Lyft accidents seek compensation for various types of bone fractures:
- Vertebrae in the back or neck — Neck and back fractures are incredibly common in car accidents. When your body hits your seatbelt or airbag, or you experience whiplash, you can suffer a serious, sometimes fatal fracture
- Broken arms and legs — The force of an accident may buckle a car’s frame, crushing the arms and legs of vehicle occupants
- Skull — Hitting your head on the steering wheel, dashboard, or window can cause cranial or facial fractures
- Sternum/breastbone and ribs — Wearing a seatbelt may save your life, but it can also break the bones that protect your internal organs
- Pelvic — Pelvic fractures are incredibly common occurrences in motor vehicle accidents
- Clavicle — The thin bone that runs across the top of your rib cage is often fractured in auto accidents where the airbag deploys and pushes the car’s occupants backward
We have also assisted clients who suffered a broken bone after a slip and fall, or at their place of work.
Contact the Experienced Attorneys at Levin & Malkin Today
Working with an experienced attorney will ensure you maximize your potential compensation. No matter how your injury was caused, it is likely you will be dealing with the responsible party’s insurance company. Insurance companies like to downplay the seriousness of broken bones because they are such a common injury, literally adding insult to injury. The Levin & Malkin team knows how to get insurance companies to the negotiating table, and then present them with evidence that forces them to take our clients’ claims seriously.
If you have suffered a broken bone through no fault of your own, and you are struggling to get the compensation you need to heal or at least move forward with your life, we may be able to help. Please contact us today to schedule a free meeting with our team.